Indymedia Italia

Indirizzo mittente:
Indirizzo destinatario:
Oggetto:
Breve commento per introdurre l'articolo nella mail:

http://italy.indymedia.org/news/2003/11/428473.php Invia anche i commenti.

arrestati attivisti di indymedia e democracy now! a Miami
by reluctant Saturday, Nov. 22, 2003 at 5:53 PM mail:

arrestati attivisti di indymedia e democracy now! che partecipavano alle proteste contro l ALCA che da diversi giorni si stanno tenendo a miami

http://www.ftaaimc.org

the numbers to call to demand the release of journalists from the stockade jail

when i called the ftaa unified command, they gave me this number to call
instead --

miami dade police dept
305 471 1900

and the miami dade police dept. gave me this number --

turner guilford knight correctional center and stockade -- tgk 305 470 7600
i think turner guilford knight -- tgk is the actual jail. i talked to the
'shift commander' who then transferred me to someone else, who was pretty
helpful. this person (clark) said that she was shocked that a reporter
was arrested and would do what she could to help. ana hasn't been
processed yet by tgk but i am going to keep calling. clark said she'd be
on shift until 6.30 am.

read below for more details on grassroots media reporters arrested for
covering police activity in miami.

> This is a forwarded message
> From: Sheri Herndon
> To: cascadia
> Date: Friday, November 21, 2003, 8:46:54 PM
> Subject: [reclaim the media ] Protect Rights of Reporters - Help Needed
> ===8 spread the word and make the calls
>
> Word has it that a group of Indymedia & Democracy Now! journalists were> busted by Miami cops while reporting on an arrest. They had their press
> credentials but were busted anyway. Mike Medow and Jenny Lee of the Michigan
> IMC were arrested along with Ana Nogueira of Democracy Now! & the NYC IMC.
> Winter, also from Indymedia, was as well. Justin, of the New York City IMC
> video team, was arrested yesterday and is apparently facing felony charges.
> More below along with WHAT YOU CAN DO contact #s.
>
> d.o.
> WMass IMC
>
> **********
>
> Quoting Sascha Meinrath :
>
> Hi all,
>
> I've just learned that Ana Nogueira has been arrested by riot police in
> Miami. For those who don't know, Ana's been a longterm Indymedia
> organizer and supporter. She was arrested while engaged in completely
> lawful behavior as a press member. Please help spread the word about what> is happening to her and many others and take 5 minutes right now to help
> one of our own. Information on what you can do to help is below.
>
> --Sascha
>
> ***
>
> TAKE ACTION - DEMOCRACY NOW! PRODUCER ARRESTED BY MIAMI POLICE!
> Democracy Now! , 11.21.2003 18:29
>
> TAKE ACTION - DEMOCRACY NOW! PRODUCER ARRESTED BY MIAMI POLICE!
>
> Make the phone calls/emails below and demand the immediate release of Ana
> Nogueira
>
> Please Forward
>
> TAKE ACTION - DEMOCRACY NOW! PRODUCER ARRESTED BY MIAMI POLICE!
>
> Make the phone calls/emails below and demand the immediate release of Ana> Nogueira
>
> At approx. 5 pm Friday evening, Nov. 21, Democracy Now! producers Ana
> Nogueira and Jeremy Scahill were reporting on the arrest of approximately
> 20 people who were in Miami to oppose the Free Trade Area of the Americas.
>
> Nogueira and Scahill had their press credentials clearly visible. Nogueira
> was videotaping the arrests. At the time of this writing, Nogueira was
> being held, handcuffed, in a Miami Police patrol wagon. Jeremy Scahill has
> learned that there will be a mandatory overnight detention. According to
> Scahill, his efforts to alert the police that they had arrested a
> journalist were met with the reply, .It doesn.t matter if she.s a
> journalist . she shouldn.t have been there..
>

> CALL NOW and demand that the Mayors of Miami City and Miami-Dade County
> restrain their police from further violence and violation of
> constitutional rights. RELEASE Democracy Now! journalist Ana Noguira
> IMMEDIATELY.
>
> For news and updates see http://www.ftaaimc.org and
> http://democracynow.org

> [...]

versione stampabile | invia ad un amico | aggiungi un commento | apri un dibattito sul forum

Šopyright :: Independent Media Center .
Tutti i materiali presenti sul sito sono distribuiti sotto Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0.
All content is under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 .
.: Disclaimer :.